Thursday, January 14, 2021


 January 14, 2021

In this world of ordinary people, extraordinary people, I'm glad there is you! Through the years, sixty-two and counting Gerald has been my go-to guy and now I am his everything person, his keeper, caregiver, decision-maker, constant step-up girl. The journey of Alz/Dem. is a long, dark road with some light along the way that can make you feel like there's hope for change, but the change is never for the better, it just becomes: "It is what it is." What am I going to do about it? How can I change for the better?  How can I become better than who I am? Where will I go for strength for this day? How long do we have? All these questions become resources rather than a sore when I look to God each morning for my strength, my hope, my constant desire for more of God rather than more of myself. I confess: I've run out of 'myself', and I think that is key to what I need each day, just more of Him and less of me.

An ordinary girl in an ordinary world, looking to an Extra-Ordinary God. I'm so glad there is YOU!

(pwoods)

No comments:

Post a Comment