Sunday, January 31, 2021


"Follow Me"
Three years had passed and we find Jesus and Peter standing at the Sea of Galilee and Jesus is telling Peter the same thing: "Follow Me"
Following Jesus is not an easy path, it is full of rejections, do-overs, painful encounters, and self-knowledge that makes one feel like a total failure--I think perhaps this humbling was what Jesus was saying to Peter. You have to be so dead to self and so over how or when you will die, to risk really living!
The words: "What is that to you?" said the whole message of the Gospel: 
Be Present
Be you
Don't look and compare your progress or lack of. . . 
Just Be!
God will do the rest--and He's going to anyway! So, if I settle that in my spirit, then He sets me free! Not like anyone else, just me:
A Follower of Jesus Christ!
Will I?
Can I?
Follow Him to Calvary?
Follow Him to the empty tomb?
Follow Him "Till I Come?"
I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, No turning back, No turning back. Though none go with me, still I will follow, Though none go with me, still, I will follow, Though none go with me, Still I Will Follow -- No turning back, No turning back!
(pwoods)
"Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, "But Lord, what about this man?" Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me." 
(John 21:21&22)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment