Monday, January 18, 2021


"Standing in the Need of Prayer"
". . . even so, I will defend my own ways before Him. He also shall be my salvation, for a hypocrite could not come before Him. I know that I shall be vindicated! If now I hold my tongue, I perish." (Job 13)
Many times I've read Job, but this passage about defending one's self before God is so honest--"For a hypocrite could not come before You."
There's no place for pretense with God! He already knows what I'm thinking, but I need to tell Him! It's not that "He" needs my confession or my ranting--it's all about me trusting Him with my most hidden self and knowing above all--He loves me!  "It's me, it's me, O Lord, standing in the need of prayer!" In this, I am cleansed from hidden sins such as pride,  fear, deep-seated anger, control--need I go on?!  
(pwoods)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment