Friday, January 29, 2021


Meeting with God and Making Coffee

"And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. (Exodus19:11)

 Each night before I go to bed I make everything ready for that perfect first cup of coffee. I fill the kettle with water, placing it on the hob. I grind my Hoboken beans to perfection and have them ready to be placed in the French press via the perfect measuring scoop. I choose my cup of the morning and place it beside the wee pot ready for boiling water to heat the pottery where later the brew goes in. Upon rising I put the dogs outside and with deliberation, I walk into the kitchen, turn the knob lighting the fire under the kettle, scoop fresh coffee into the French press and wait for the steam to blow the whistle saying: time to pour NOW! After pouring the exact amount of water over the ground coffee I put the press in place, turn on the timer for 7 minutes, bring in the dogs, give lots of rubs, scratches, sweet words, and cookies. When the buzzer on the timer goes off I stir with only and always a wooden spoon and then press the floating grounds to the bottom of the pot - Ready!! That first perfect cup of Hoboken Coffee is Ready! Awww! Perfect preparation, Perfectly delicious Hoboken Coffee!
Meeting with my Father is far more important than that first cup of perfect coffee! I have a designated place with God's Word, my journals, great devotional guides, plus a bulletin board with pictures of my prayer assignments. I have an amazing desk built just for this spot by Paul Phillips. A chair that is comfortable, a blue pen, and a red one for marking the scriptures that speak and for writing down the words that come from God's voice in my spirit. All things are READY for my morning Meeting with the Father.
I can't accidentally have a perfect cup of coffee - it's a ritual that I totally enjoy!
I can't accidentally meet with the Father - It's an appointment that I keep no matter the day, the weather, my circumstances, or how I feel. . . I make sure to be ready for His Coming and need I say, He's Always Ready!
(pwoods)

No comments:

Post a Comment