Friday, January 15, 2021

 

In a world full of broken people, broken systems, broken laws, and broken hearts I asked God, How can I be a 'broken healer'? And the words came clearly from The Word, "Therefore it is good to do good on the Sabbath." (Matt.12:12)  I'm thinking about brokenness and God gives me an answer that has to do with the law??? God knows broken people don't need to hear my survival rules (laws). . . they need what I need: a loving hand, words of affirmation, and encouragement. In that I'm a list maker the list began: 1) love notes 2) phone calls 3) a hug 4) a wee gift for no reason. My SIL will out of the blue send us a catered meal from a local restaurant and she lives far away. 

This goodness is not just a Sunday thing, It's not about going to church; it is doing good to anyone God places in our path and doing it with purpose on any day. I tell you truly this healing goes both ways, I am healed in my broken places when I give to another and the person who receives the no-strings-attached gift of love is healed in broken places that I'll never know about. Give big as unto the Lord! 

Yep giving is the healer of broken hearts, broken systems, broken laws, and broken people. Remembering the Coke ad from years ago ~ I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony. . . Well, perhaps if I give what I've been given, it will become the song that we the broken can sing in perfect harmony... the harmony of love. The gift that keeps on giving. (pwoods)  


No comments:

Post a Comment